Come learn about how to make your classroom truly inclusive using the genre of inclusionary literature. Inclusionary literature is a genre that can provide all students in inclusive classrooms with life lessons, an increased understanding of peers with disabilities, and improved social relations in a safe, respectful and honest inquiry approach. In this training, participants will:
- Receive 6 inclusionary texts and/or titles to take back to the classroom;
- Preview current best-practices in Inclusion & the Texas Progress in the General Curriculum Resources that maximize inclusion effectiveness;
- Practice integrating the texts into the shared reading component of a balanced literacy lesson block;
- Identify texts that represent inclusionary literature that can be selected for varied levels of school-age children & adolescents;
- Determine the impact that is intended to be made when inclusionary texts are appropriately used in the classroom.