Participants will learn about what trauma is and what forms it takes and about the prevalence of adverse childhood experiences (ACE’s) and how these affect students’ readiness to learn. They will also learn how to use a strength-based approach to foster a safe and secure classroom environment and build relationships that allow students to grow, thrive, and learn at high levels.
This workshop will present the following topics:
- What trauma is and how it’s defined.
- The five fundamental truths of trauma and its prevalence.
- What a trauma-sensitive learning environment is and how to create it in a classroom.
- Trauma-invested strategies.
- How to reach students and address their needs.
- What self-care is and its importance.
This professional development session meets the mandates of Senate Bill 11.