A vital part of determining SLD involves establishing patterns of strengths and weaknesses (PSW). C-SEP requires the organization of multiple sources of data and the use of pattern-seeking techniques through triangulation of data to establish PSW. Additionally, professional judgement is used alongside special education policy, when analyzing the data and making decisions. Adherence to policy and publisher guidance is also required. This session will provide introductory training around the organization of data, pattern-seeking techniques, and data analysis techniques.
- Understand the implications that advances in CHC Theory and in test design have no test selection and diagnostic precision.
- Examine publisher guidance on analysis and interpretation of standardized testing results
- Understand the importance of collecting, analyzing, and integrating multiple sources of data when conducting an evaluation.
- Triangulate and analyze the chain of evidence to establish the presence of PSW and when determining SLD
- Understand the role professional judgement plays in determining SLD eligibility.