CTE instructors will be able to benefit from the guidance of a mentor through the externship program. The 5 day program along with discussions with their mentor will help them understand the importance of the abilities and competencies required within the workplace. The role of the business mentor is to provide opportunities for CTE teachers to participate in real work experiences and to allow for observations of the skills necessary for high wage, , high demand employment . The lesson plans developed by the instructors will have a direct impact on classroom instruction.
* Externship Orientation Meeting: 1 hour
* Coordinating efforts with Business Partners
* Coordinating efforts with CTE instructors
* Setting up program through ESC Region 19 business office
* Follow-up with business partners, instructors, and School District CTE Department
* Planning time to design program to best fit the needs and career clusters of chosen instructors * Program: 5 days, 4 hours each
* Participation and completion includes a stipend approved by the school district